- 24,617 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Music Recommendation: The Underwater Bosses — "Basshead"
- David Bruce: The Funniest People in Music, Volume 3 — Practical Jokes, Prejudice
- Which Will It Be? — Charmed Chaos
- In Memory: “compared to classical composers like Bach... or Mozart, I would define myself as unemployed“
- taking note
- Lao-Tzu #48: Mastery of the world is achieved by letting things take their natural course.
- Edgar Lee Masters: Captain Orlando Killion (Spoon River Anthology)
- Music Recommendation: The Hula Girls — "Jungle Girls"
- David Bruce: The Funniest People in Music, Volume 3 — Politics, Practical Jokes
- davidbrucehaiku: SUMMER HEAT, LOSE WEIGHT
- Follow davidbruceblog #2 on WordPress.com
Daily Archives: June 26, 2018
Originally posted on Annette Rochelle Aben:
Coffee grounds, my friends You fill my cup with such joy And you taste good too There is a reason we blend My body’s mostly water ©2018 Annette Rochelle Aben
https://pixabay.com/en/girl-sad-desperate-lonely-sadness-3422711/ *** WE ALL FACE DARKNESS *** Life is good, and yet Being a child can be hard We all face darkness *** Free davidbrucehaiku eBooks (pdfs) https://davidbruceblog.wordpress.com/patreon/ Free eBooks by David Bruce (pdfs) https://davidbruceblog.wordpress.com/about-the-blogger/
— 2.4 — In the French King’s palace, several men were meeting: the French King, the Dauphin, the Dukes of Berri and Bretagne, the Constable, and others. The Constable of France was the commander-in-chief of the army in the absence … Continue reading
On 29 September 2003, in Trinidad, Dale Ramnanan and his girlfriend, Lystra Ramkissoon, were accosted by bandits who tried to kidnap Lystra. Dale battled the bandits and rescued her. Two years later, they married. Dale said, “Our love grew. We … Continue reading
SEEDS in a dry pod, tick, tick, tick, Tick, tick, tick, like mites in a quarrel— Faint iambics that the full breeze wakens— But the pine tree makes a symphony thereof. Triolets, villanelles, rondels, rondeaus, Ballades by the score with … Continue reading
81 True words do not sound beautiful; beautiful sounding words are not true. Wise men don’t need to debate; men who need to debate are not wise. Wise men are not scholars, and scholars are not wise. The … Continue reading
Lao-Tzu #80: Let people enjoy the simple technologies, let them enjoy their food, let them make their own clothes, let them be content with their own homes, and delight in the customs that they cherish.
80 Small countries with few people are best. Give them all of the things they want, and they will see that they do not need them. Teach them that death is a serious thing, and to be content to … Continue reading
Lao-Tzu #79: A virtuous person will do the right thing, and persons with no virtue will take advantage of others.
79 Difficulties remain, even after solving a problem. How then can we consider that as good? Therefore the Master does what she knows is right, and makes no demands of others. A virtuous person will do the right … Continue reading
By an unlucky chance a Fox fell into a deep well from which he could not get out. A Goat passed by shortly afterwards, and asked the Fox what he was doing down there. ‘Oh, have you not heard?’ said … Continue reading