I grew up in a poor family. We were poor, but un-happy. It seemed like good times were hard to come by. And most-days, we didn’t have two nickels to rub together. But I remember, too, those times when we did have two nickels, & we’d rub them together all night long.
- 26,306 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Edgar Lee Masters: Washington McNeely and Mary McNeely and Daniel M’Cumber (Spoon River Anthology)
- ELECT A CLOWN – EXPECT A CIRCUS — The Reluctant Poet
- Edgar Lee Masters: Tom Merritt and Mrs. Merritt and Elmer Karr (Spoon River Anthology)
- Edgar Lee Masters: Roscoe Purkapile and Mrs. Purkapile (Spoon River Anthology)
- Edgar Lee Masters: Reuben Pantier and Emily Sparks (Spoon River Anthology)
- Music Recommendation: Mark Malibu & the Wasagas — “Monster on the Loose”
- David Bruce: Travel, War, Work
- Music Recommendation: Desert Sharks — "Sorceress"
- Flower Power — Annette Rochelle Aben
- Edgar Lee Masters: Jeduthan Hawley and Daisy Fraser (Spoon River Anthology)
- Follow davidbruceblog #2 on WordPress.com