I grew up in a poor family. We were poor, but un-happy. It seemed like good times were hard to come by. And most-days, we didn’t have two nickels to rub together. But I remember, too, those times when we did have two nickels, & we’d rub them together all night long.
- 30,497 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- As It Is — Annette Rochelle Aben
- Edgar Lee Masters: Roscoe Purkapile and Mrs. Purkapile (Spoon River Anthology)
- Edgar Lee Masters: Elizabeth Childers (Spoon River Anthology)
- Lao-Tzu #58: Good fortune has its roots in disaster, and disaster lurks with good fortune.
- Music Recommendation: The Surf Coasters — "West Ghost"
- David Bruce: The Funniest People in Relationships — Children
- Far Too Pornographic
- Music Recommendation: The Lemon Drop Gang — “You’ll Come Runnin’”
- Edgar Lee Masters: Lambert Hutchins and Lillian Stewart (Spoon River Anthology)
- Edgar Lee Masters: Harry Wilmans and John Wasson and Many Soldiers and John Wasson (Spoon River Anthology)
- Follow davidbruceblog #2 on WordPress.com